Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kharee Anthony Formerly Known As Dubby Is Back

PRLog (Press Release) – Aug 18, 2009 – Kharee Anthony formerly known as Dubby is a reggae musician with a unique flavor of his own. On his 15 track album there is a least one song that someone can get into. His style goes from contemporary reggae jazz to dancehall, to a rock feel, to ska. Those who knows it, feels it.

Kharee Anthony who then was known as Dubby was a nominee in ’86 WAMMIES (Washington Area Music Awards). He was born in Jamaica and was born from parents who were musicians themselves. His father was born in the US and his mother in Jamaica. With that relation tied to two different cultures both became a part of him and so his musical output expresses that as second nature. Other immediate musical influence is his cousin Michael “Ibo” Cooper of the original Third World.

Kharee Anthony was to come out with other albums in the past but was incarcerated on federal drug charges and so blocked him from releasing more of his work. Kharee feels that his bio is summarized in a poem he wrote before an incarceration called, “In My Skin”. “Put yourself in my skin and go where I have been, could you wear it through thick and thin? I get up day to day trying to keep hope alive with a smile of disguise to hide the tears I hold inside. Trying to put by best forward, despite the barriers, try to keep me from my joy. I tell myself I am the real McCoy, and walk it alone never feeling I had a home but peace of mine will be in my tomb, because I never felt it from the womb. The transgressors are trying to foul me once more, when will I get to even the score? I am tired of this game for sure I can’t allow them to win. Just put yourself in my skin and go where I have been, could you wear it through thick and thin? It is amazing sometimes how I keep going with all that is going, not knowing what is in store for me. If it is anything like the past good and bad don’t last. The spirit of Jah is around me and the wicked can’t get to ground me because even when I am down, I am up. When they think I am out, I am in, just put your self in my skin and go where I have been. Could you wear it through thick and thin? Tired of seen brothers in prison they say to every time there is a season in the land of the free and the brave. But some are free and some just got to be brave feeling like a slave when the FED’s is at my side. My God, it must be genocide. They say you might as well surrender. At the same time they give a public defender, because they feel our money was always thin, just put yourself in my skin and go where I have been, could you wear it through thick and thin?”

Kharee Anthony kept performing in several federal institutions and up on his release in March 2009 he released No stopping. When asked why he called the album no stopping he replied, “Well you see so many negative things can happen to a one to make him discourage but life is but a moment and you deserve to enjoy this moment because you can’t swear for any other moment. So no matter what bad minded people try to do to block you from your joy, you have to remove your self from them and don’t quit in enjoying your abilities and celebrating your life. I call this album no stopping after the song featured on the album to encourage everyone that they should not quit trying to be happy every day because we deserve the best for ourselves and our family.”

Kharee Anthony has songs that are also soul-searching on his album and some fun songs that have sexy metaphors but under the surface there is always a dept to all the songs on his No Stopping album. There are some songs with a mellow feel supplied by Dean Frazier with his saxophones such as on the song titled Africa. There is a spiritual fighter song titled ‘With God By My Side’ which many people are placing it on their phone to give a message to their callers.

On the fun moment, Kharee Anthony has one song called Give Me Release which he describes how to do a dance style called Round-The -World.

# # #

Street Heart Production produces and promote reggae music artist, hip hop artist, world music. Street Heart Production releases their music on their Street Heart Rockers label.

No comments:

Post a Comment